Social Work for Development (SWD) is a social organization led by enthusiastic educators from different academic backgrounds, motivated to provide professional service to the society. SWD emerged at a time of social disintegration and social dysfunctioning phenomena of developing and transforming social reality, to fulfill the need of social work intervention for a just and peaceful society.
A society where everyone lives with dignity, freedom, justice and has equal opportunity for sustainable development.
- developing resourceful organization that offers professional services
- bridging target group to service and service provider
- promoting people's participation for meaningful devlopment
Enhancing a peaceful and just society where people and resources are linked for development.
· * to promote social work paractice by conducting program, research and training on social work* to conduct researches on psychological, social and development issues
* to conduct professional training for capacity building and awareness programs for empowerment.
* to advocate and promote basic human rights including child rights, women rights and rights of under-privilege people.
* to work for integrated health and environmental issues
* to mobilize indigenous knowledge and resources for sustainable development
* to built network and coordination among social organizations, colleges and concerned stakeholders.
* publication and dissemination of IEC materials
* Undertaking developmental based research activities and producing IEC materials (social work paractice, integrated health, environment, rights etc.)
* Advocacy for the rights and participation of people in the development process
* Right based approach for social mobilization and empowerment
* Institutional strengthening and propfessional capacity building
* Networking and coordinating with concerned duty bearers, stake holders and development agencies to secure necessary assistance for development activities.