Social Work for Development (SWD)
Social Work for Development (SWD) is a social organization led by enthusiastic educators from different academic backgrounds, motivated to provide professional service to the society. SWD emerged at a time of social disintegration and social dysfunctioning phenomena of developing and transforming social reality, to fulfill the need of social work intervention for a just and peaceful society.
A society where everyone lives with dignity, freedom, justice and has equal opportunity for sustainable development.
- developing resourceful organization that offers professional services
- bridging target group to service and service provider
- promoting people's participation for meaningful devlopment
Enhancing a peaceful and just society where people and resources are linked for development.
- · to promote social work practice by conducting program, research and training on social work
- to conduct researches on psychological, social and development issues
- to conduct professional training for capacity building and awareness programs for empowerment.
- to advocate and promote basic human rights including child rights, women rights and rights of under-privilege people.
- to work for integrated health and environmental issues
- to mobilize indigenous knowledge and resources for sustainable development
- to built network and coordination among social organizations, colleges and concerned stakeholders.
- publication and dissemination of IEC materials
- Undertaking developmental based research activities and producing IEC materials (social work practice, integrated health, environment, rights etc.)
- Advocacy for the rights and participation of people in the development process
- Right based approach for social mobilization and empowerment
- Institutional strengthening and propfessional capacity building
- Networking and coordinating with concerned duty bearers, stake holders and development agencies to secure necessary assistance for development activities.